St. Angelo’s Fort (also known as Kannur Fort or Kannur Kotta), is a fort facing the Arabian Sea, situated 3 km from the town of Kannur.
St. Angelo’s Fort was built in 1505 by Dom Francisco de Almeida, the first Portuguese Viceroy of India and is on the Arabian sea about 3 km from Kannur town. It was attacked in vain by the local Indian ruler in the Siege of Cannanore (1507).
Location: 3 kms from Kannur
Nearest Railway Station: Kannur
Nearest Bus Station: Kannur
Nearest Airport: Kannur International Airport (27 kms).
DISTANCE FROM nutmegcountythabore
34 KMs (AROUND 1 HOUR)